Sinking into the first over-sized chair I spotted, I let the sheer size of the piece overwhelm my mind and body. What a relief! After a long week and working weekend, it's nice to take a load off. Cupping my warm mug of coffee never felt so good on such a snowy day. The ambiance at this place is so peaceful. Silently flickering flames and light piano music floating in the air creates the perfect atmosphere for reading a book, blogging (of course) or just soaking in the scene and the natural light streaming in through the windows.
The smell of fresh baked whole wheat bread lingers in the air from the morning's baking crew and it mixes and mingles with the scent of roasted baby red breakfast potatoes. This place has tasty offerings to suit any taste buds.
Not to mention the best part: you don't have to look fancy or important to come to this coffee joint. Sweat pants and a sweatshirt suit you just fine. You blend right in with the locals.
At this place, the staff don't rush you to open up more spaces at the tables. There is no distinct coffeehouse clink and clank, no rush of cold air when someone opens the front door and no one to interrupt your quiet thinking time.
Where am I? Cafe Chez Moi, of course: the comforts of my own apartment. The coffee is on, the bread is in the oven, I'm in the chill out mood. For these few precious hours on Sundays, the world is perfect in my eyes.
I feel lucky to have a safe, healthy and stable place to come home to after a long week: a place where I am able to enjoy the silence, the peacefulness of lit candles, the smell of coffee in the morning and the comfort of a tried and tested overstuffed chair still willing to melt away the stress of the week.
Coffee shops are always neat to visit and hang out at, but nothing quite compares to the comfort of home.
No comments:
Post a Comment