And just like that it was fall. A day's turnaround is all it took for me to slightly alter my clothing choices, reaching for my windbreaker, choosing the long sleeved shirt over the short sleeved, and even longing for a warm cup of tea at the end of the day. Which made me think about how other dramatic situations in life can cause us to alter our daily actions, if ever so slightly.
The death of a loved one, the beginning or ending of a relationship, a spiritual renewal, new friendships, new jobs, any kind of transition really. Makes you realize that you should revel in every moment of every day.
I sometimes find myself changing moods with the seasons, which is maybe why I enjoy fall so much. The sun is still around, but not bringing the scorching heat to burn my shoulders, the air is light and breezy, the earth is still alive showing off its colors. I was ready for a change of mind, a transitioning into a new awakening of my spirit. All I needed was a little coaxing from Mother Nature. Ready to some moment reveling!
Looking forward to the light jackets, bonfires and crisp evenings that lie ahead!
No comments:
Post a Comment